Thursday, November 1, 2012

28 Weeks: Stats

 
 
We are officially in the 3rd trimester by all measures!!!!  We're looking at maybe 7ish weeks until the babies are here!!!!  (Hopefully we make it the full 7 weeks but hopefully not too much longer than 8 weeks)

I thought it would be fun to wear the shirt I wore in the original 20 week pictures.  It actually fit better than I expected, but I don't think I'd wear it outside of the house. 

Here is the belly:






How far along? 28 weeks !!!

Baby's size?  2 Chinese Cabbages!  (Still each about the size of an eggplant)  (about 2.25 pounds and almost 15 inches)

Total weight gain:  13 pounds (1 this week)

Belly circumference:   At the belly button: 46.5"  At the maximum: 46.75"
 
Belly Button Status:  The belly button is definitely mostly flat but still not poking out.  Cody has been pondering if it will ever pop out or if my belly button will just stay flat forever.

What I’m Wearing:   I started wearing a belt under my belly over my maternity jeans panel to help hold them up.  The maternity pants are really annoying because they don’t have anything to hold on to so they just slide down.  The belt really seems to help hold them up.  There are no belt loops on the pants though, so the belt is just slung under my belly.  Anyway, this has caused some problems.  First, none of my belts fit anymore, so I have to steal Cody’s belt.  This was a problem when exhausted me took the belt off and forgot where I put it, so Cody had to go to work beltless the next day.  The next time, I was using a cheap cloth belt that I found in my closet to avoid losing Cody’s belt again.  I thought my shirt covered it.  Oh boy was I wrong…. You could see full detail of that poor little trashy cloth belt trying desperately to hold my pants up.  Cody didn’t tell me because he figured I knew and found it to be acceptable.  Apparently I’ve really let myself go….  I guess my maternity shirt is no longer long enough to really cover this belly and the maternity panel on the jeans. 

Symptoms:  I’m still super exhausted, but other than that I haven’t had many problems.  It looks like I’m getting my first stretch mark.  I guess that is a milestone to “celebrate.”   I have had quite a few bloody noses because of pregnancy sinuses plus the stupid weather.  How did the weather change so fast?!?!

Baby Movement:  I think they’ve been growing a lot this week because they haven’t been moving a lot.  One is head up and one is head down, so I get kicks everywhere.  That is so much fun.  I really prefer the kicks up high.  They still get really active around midnight, 2am, and 6am.  They are generally pretty quiet most of the day.  I do think it is hilarious that when I lay on my side the baby on the bottom nearly always starts moving around.  I have used that to force movement once or twice.

How I'm Sleeping:  I’ve been sleeping a lot longer lately.  I wake up still feeling really tired, but I’m pretty sure that will never go away the rest of my life.

Things I Miss:  I miss being able to pick things up off of the floor.  If I knock something over at a store, I do not even attempt to pick it up.  At the house, if I can pick something up with my feet I may try to get it, but if it is too big to get with my feet it stays where it is.  I can technically reach the ground, but it isn’t pretty or safe.  It requires a lot of grunting and straining.  Once I’m upright again, I have to catch my breath and let the blood drain out of my head because I’m usually dizzy. 

Cody had to go grocery shopping with me this week.  It was so awesome because he could get things off the bottom shelves for me.  If he hadn’t been there I wouldn’t have been able to get the grapefruit juice. 

Best moment this week:  Cody and I, mostly Cody, got pretty much all of the siding finished this weekend.  We just need to get the area around the front door finished and a few of the very top pieces need to be put in.  We still have a lot to do.

Upcoming Appointments:  I start my more frequent appointment schedule next week.  I’ll be there for another OB appointment and for a growth scan.  I never got called about my glucose test, so I’m hoping that means I somehow managed to pass it.  I really shouldn’t have passed it though, so passing it would kind of worry me also.  I really don’t want to retake it.  I’m not going to be pregnant that much longer anyway…  

What I'm Looking Forward To:  I would really like to get the nursery painted and organized.  The longer I wait to do it, the less able I will be to do it.  We also need to finish buying the stuff we will need for the babies to come.  I won’t be able to shop once they are here.  We got most of the big stuff at the shower, but we do need a lot of little stuff still.

No comments:

Post a Comment