Monday, November 26, 2012

31 Weeks: Stats

We are one week closer to babies!  Because of Thanksgiving, we are late on pictures and the update.  These pictures were taken at 31.5 weeks.  I'd like to say that the half week didn't make a big difference, but I'm pretty sure I made a lot of belly progress yesterday.  It is definitely getting pretty painful. 

Here's the Belly:





 
 
 
How far along? 31 weeks !!!

Baby's size? 2 pineapples! (They are each about 16 inches.  Leonidas is about 3 lb 8 oz and Zeus is about 3 lb)

Belly Button Status: We get an occasional rounding out of the belly button, but it is not sticking out like other people get.  Cody doesn’t seem to think it is nearly as exciting as he had built it up to be.

What I’m Wearing:  RIP my favorite maternity shirt from last week’s post.  I guess wearing it on Thanksgiving finally did it in.  There are a few round stains on the belly that have now been through the dryer.  Poor shirt.  Other maternity shirts are now officially too short.  I have to wear extra long maternity tank tops under them.  I bought a few long sleeve t-shirts from the men’s section to round out my wardrobe.  I figure Cody can wear them after I am finished with them.  They are so far long enough, but they might end up being too tight if the belly gets much bigger.

Symptoms:  The pain has started.  My belly feels like it is ripping apart, both the skin and the muscles.  My back is pretty much shot after I walk more than a few minutes.  This makes shopping very difficult.  I’m pretty sure I’m going to have to start riding the motorized carts at stores.  Thankfully, my belly is starting to look so big that people probably wouldn’t say anything.   Other than that, I’m still doing okay.

Baby Movement:   Cody got rough with the boys/my belly one night; I’m pretty sure he moved them.  It feels like one baby is laying across the top of my stomach and one is somewhere on the bottom.  I haven’t really been able to tell exactly based on movements, but the baby laying across the top likes to basically rip my sides apart.  His head is on one side and butt is on the other, so when he stretches out, it rips apart my sides and ribs.  The baby on the bottom is giving me no less hassle.  He manages to kick and punch all of my vital internal organs. 

How I'm Sleeping: Ugh.  :(

Things I miss:  Pretty much everything.

Best moment this week:   We spent a lot of quality time together working on the nursery.  The walls are painted and the furniture is mostly in place.  The blue we used actually turned out way nicer than I expected.  We argued quite a bit while we were doing it (Cody seems to think I should have painted before I because incapable of movement), but when we were finished we were pretty happy.  I still need to decide how to decorate, or if I will even decorate.   I know we definitely won’t be putting their names over their cribs.  There is only one crib put together and no names yet.

Upcoming Appointments: I will have appointments every Tuesday and Friday until these babies are delivered.  Sometimes I will have one appointment per day, sometimes more, but I will be up there at least twice per week.  I have fetal nonstress tests twice per week, an OB appointment every 1-2 weeks, and a growth scan at least every 2 weeks.

What I'm Looking Forward To: I’m going to start opening baby packages and washing clothes in preparation for the arrival of the babies.  I’m looking forward to getting things settled.  We’re going to start buying all the last odds and ends that we didn’t get at the showers. 

I’m also looking forward to reaching 32 weeks.  It is another one of those milestone weeks that doesn’t really mean anything in particular, but it is generally used as a guideline where risk goes down again.  When I was still planning on having the babies at Bellevue Med, the OB I was working with said that I could have the babies there as long as they made it to 32 weeks.   

No comments:

Post a Comment