Friday, November 9, 2012

29 Weeks: Stats

We've made it another week!  I feel absolutely huge now.  The doctor says I'm measuring in at 36 weeks.  I can't imagine how I will look if I actually do make it to 36 weeks.  I'm starting to get the looks of pity when I go out in public.  Almost everyone makes a comment about it.  I still haven't had anyone try to inappropriately grope my belly without permission.  I'm actually kind of disappointed because I'm fully prepared to rub their stomachs right back.  Thank you rural Nebraskans for being respectful of my belly boundary bubble.

Here is the belly:






How far along? 29 weeks !!!

Baby's size?  2 butternut squashes!!!  They are about 2.5 lbs and 15 inches each (Leonidas is 2lbs 10 oz and Zeus is 2 lbs 5 oz)

Total weight gain:  16 pounds (3 this week)

Belly circumference:   At the belly button:   45.5"  At the maximum:   46.5"

Belly Button Status:  No progress on the belly button front.

What I’m Wearing:   I’ve noticed that more of my shirts are not fully covering the stretchy panel at the top of my pants.  I’m going to have to start wearing the really long maternity tank tops under everything.  Luckily, it is starting to get cold so layering is not bad.  It is starting to get colder, so my lack of a coat will be more of an issue. Maybe I’ll wear a Snuggie on the front and use one of Cody’s old coats around my back.  If worse comes to worse I can wear some of my pre pregnancy stuff.  I really haven’t gained that much weight.  The weight I have gained is pretty much all babies.  I just can’t zip or button any of my old stuff.  I could cut a belly hole in my old stuff.  The belly is usually incredibly hot anyway.  That may be the best solution.

Symptoms:  I’ve had some very nice acid reflux issues.  The leg cramps are still hitting me at night sometimes.  The boys have mostly stayed away from my lungs, so I do breathe a lot better.  At this point, I can’t really stand for more than a few minutes.  I can stay up if I’m walking, but I can’t do that very long either.  I’m also getting a lot more nosebleeds.  I probably need to break out the humidifier.                                                                                                      

Baby Movement:  The boys were really quiet over the weekend.  I think they were just growing.  Starting Monday, they have been moving like crazy.  Cody and I have gotten to feel them move and wiggle a lot more instead of just random kicks.  I still don’t get the big kicks on the outside, but it appears that is because they are facing each other.   Leonidas’s butt is up at the top of my stomach near my ribs.  Every once in a while it will come to the surface as a hard spot.  It is a lot of fun to feel that.  They start moving around midnight every night and don’t stop until 3-4 am.  It has been keeping me awake.  It is just too hard to fall asleep with 2 sets of arms/legs with nowhere to go.  Every time I get close to falling asleep, one of them kicks something important and it feels really weird.  I do enjoy feeling them wiggle around, but I find it odd that they are more nocturnal than I am.

How I'm Sleeping:  Overall, I’m sleeping okay.  Once I manage to fall asleep I’m usually okay.  I can’t roll over without a battle though, so I do have to wake up if I get uncomfortable.  Occasionally I have to grab Cody while he is sleeping and use him as a pushing off post.  Sometimes he wakes up to ask if I’m okay and sometimes he keeps sleeping.  I would like to note that even if I answer “No” to him asking if I’m okay, he still stays asleep.  I do give him credit for asking in his sleep though. 

Things I Miss:  I miss rolling over without having to grab Cody in the middle of the night.  I miss being able to put my own socks on reliably.  I need to clean off my old toe nail polish and put new polish on, but I definitely can’t do that.  I can ask Cody to do it, but he thinks toe nail polish is stupid and fights me about it.  He does eventually help me, usually, but he does make me work for it. 

Best moment this week:  Cody and I went to the store and spent a small fortune on warm preemie sleepers after our tour of labor and delivery at the hospital.  The nurse said they really only have t-shirts made for bigger babies, so the small babies sometimes get really cold.  Looking at the little preemie clothes was really cute.  Hopefully they will be too big to need the sleepers, but if they are really little they will be warm and adorable.  What made it nice was Cody actually paid attention and chose some of the little outfits himself.

Upcoming Appointments:  I, hopefully, will not have any appointments for 2 weeks.  The Tuesday after next is another round of MFM appointment and Growth Scan.  I imagine after those appointments they will start scheduling my appointments closer together.  Luckily I’ve gotten out of some of the additional monitoring because the boys have been doing so well. 

What I'm Looking Forward To:  I’m looking forward to having a 70 degree day on Saturday.  Hopefully Cody can make some good progress on finishing the house.  We’re so close to being pretty much sealed up for the winter.  It is starting to look like a real house again!

Also, I got a shower invitation from a lady at Cody's work for a shower for us later this month.  It was absolutely hilarious.  She stressed that these babies will be Huskers fans and babies do not look good in purple.   It is so nice of them to put a shower together for us.  I'm sure Cody doesn't participate in the showers/giving occasions for other people at his work.  I look forward to going down and meeting some of the people he works with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment