Thursday, September 6, 2012

20 Week Stats

Well here we are... 20 weeks.  The babies are half baked.  I thought I'd take this opportunity to finally start posting pictures of my belly.  In person, it seems like it looks more like a baby and less like burritos, but through the camera lens it may still just be burrito.  I cropped out my head for two reasons: 1) This is the internet and I don't know what weirdos may be reading and 2) Taking pictures with Cody turned in to such an ordeal that you can literally see my rage building in each picture he took.



I present... Courtney at 20 weeks:








(Note: this is the bathroom that we just finished tiling.  The shower door is new as well.  The walls are not finished being painted and cleaned of grout remains.)
 
How far along? 20 weeks
Baby's size? 2 Cantaloupes! Or you can say 2 Bananas.  (It goes by length not total size of the fruit)
Total weight gain: 2 pounds
Belly Button Status:  Cody has become obsessed with the status of my belly button.  I’m 99% sure he is more excited to see my belly button pop out than he is to have babies.  Right now it is firmly in, but it may be getting a little shallower. 

What I’m Wearing:   I need shirts long enough to cover my long torso + 2 baby belly and my jeans have no hope of ever being zipped let alone buttoned… but the maternity jeans are not quite doing it for me yet.  I love sundresses and stretchy black workout pants.
Symptoms:  There is really nothing new going on.  I eat much smaller meals, but I need to eat every hour or two.  I’m starting to get the line down the middle of my stomach.  It is still thin and light, but I can only imagine the horrors of my belly in 4 months. 
Nausea:  Some smells will still get me.  Mostly I get queasy if I wait too long to eat.  I’ve learned to eat as soon as my body starts to say I’m hungry or I end up throwing up the rest of the day.

Baby Movement:   I feel Leonidas and Zeus off and on.  If I am bent at the waist, they are more likely to give me a kick.  One night they woke me up every hour or so having a wrestling match in there.  I could feel movement on both sides high and low.  It really made me worry about what it will be like when they get bigger and stronger!

How I'm Sleeping:  I’m doing okay sleep-wise.  It is getting increasingly difficult to roll my giant body over.  It is not so much how round I am, but how inflexible my middle has become.  I can’t really bend or twist.  It takes a lot of effort to fling myself over.  If  something wakes me up while I’m asleep I have to get up to pee, but if I manage to stay asleep I’m good.
Things I Miss:  I miss being able to get out of a recliner without a struggle.  I miss being able to pick things up off the floor without getting woozy.  I miss being able to drink booze while we watch football.
Best moment this week:  Cody made his first solo baby purchase.  He ordered 2 K-State onesies and a set of K-State pacifiers.  He got nothing for himself.  Making a KSU order and not getting a t-shirt, polo, or new license plate cover…  It looks like someone is turning into a Daddy!
Mood this week:  I would like to say my moods have been less up and down, but I did throw a hammer at Cody this weekend….  This might be a better question to ask Cody.
Upcoming Appointments:  I have the ultrasound that everyone is familiar with on Friday.  It is the 20 week anatomy scan that pretty much everyone gets.  They will take tons of measurements and observations to look for abnormalities with the anatomy of each baby.  They will check to make sure all the organs and structures are there and formed properly.  I’m pretty nervous about this because this is when we find out if there are any major issues like heart problems or kidney problems.  If we do get an all clear, we are still not out of the woods because of the unique problems of mono/di twins, but it will be nice to know I made good hearts, brains, legs, etc…

What I'm Looking Forward To:  Cooler temperatures!  I can't wait to start wearing jeans again.  I'm going to cherish every second of this fall. 



2 comments:

  1. I love this! What a great mama!! I'm glad you are feeling a little better. Now, i can't say that i ever threw hammers but there may have been some punches thrown. :) it's those crazy uland genes in us. Anyways- Can't wait to meet these little guys. Are you getting all the shopping done?. P.s- are you naming them leonidas and zeus

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are picking up things here and there. It has still been a little too early to buy much. We'll probably start getting more after the Anatomy Scan. We aren't really naming them Leonidas and Zeus. The doctors call them Baby A and Baby B. We thought it would be nice to call them something stronger. Leonidas and Zeus are fighters. We haven't finalized real names, but I'm sure they will be something normal and boring.

    ReplyDelete