Thursday, September 27, 2012

23 weeks: Stats

Cassie came in today.  We almost forgot to do pictures because Cody was having so much fun with Colt.  Here I am celebrating 23 weeks!  We are getting pretty close to the point where some babies survive outside the womb.




How far along? 23 weeks !!

 Baby's size? 2 Large mangoes!  (Over 11 inches and more than a pound)

 Total weight gain: 5 pounds (0 this week)

 Belly circumference:   At the top: 37"   At the belly button:  42.5"   At the maximum: 43.25”

 I have noticed that my belly size changes.  This weekend it was over 44” at the max.  I was breathing way better then.  I think someone moved and is now back by my lungs.  Come on babies, I’m fine with a huge belly if it means I can breathe.
 
Belly Button Status:  Cody is still on belly button watch waiting for it to pop out.  Apparently he is hoping it makes some sort of popping noise at the moment it pops out.  I really doubt he will get his wish.

What I’m Wearing:  I’m pretty much out of all pre-pregnancy shirts.  I can technically get some on, but they look silly.  They don't fully cover the panel in the maternity jeans, so that makes it worse.
Symptoms:  I’m still having trouble breathing off and on.  I imagine it has to do with baby positioning.  I’m also having more exhaustion after little activity.  Other than that, things have been pretty smooth.

Nausea:  My prenatal vitamin is starting to upset my stomach more.  I’ve had some issues there, but otherwise my nausea is pretty much gone as long as long as I don’t eat too much.

Baby Movement:  They are still moving around in there.  It is still mostly small movements.  Cody finally felt them again today.  I got them pumped up on ice cream and ready to dance.  They occasionally move at the same time.  It is definitely a weird feeling.
How I'm Sleeping:  I’m officially not sleeping through the night ever.  I can sleep about 4 hours max before I have to get up.  That is definitely not fun.

Things I Miss:  I miss being able to do dishes without getting my belly all wet.  I’m still not used to how far out I stick out, so my belly gets hit on things or gets wet. 
Best moment this week:  My parents came to help with the house and see us this weekend.  It was a short trip, but it was really nice to see them.  We had a couple of nice neighbors come over to help with the siding Sunday and they made some real progress.  I feel bad that I can’t help anymore, but I can barely get out of bed without a struggle… ladders are just really out for me.  The siding looks good.  We may finish by the time babies are here!!!! (God, I hope so)

Mood this week:  I’m having more bad moods related to not being able to do things because of the strain on my body, but I’ve been okay.  I had trouble getting in the pickup today to move it, and I had a little meltdown over that.  I’m going to have to carry a step stool.
Upcoming Appointments:  I have an OB appointment Friday.  This will be my first real appointment with the last MFM in the practice that I haven’t met.  There are 3, so I’ve met the other 2.  I will ask about who will deliver me and how long they will let me keep the babies in.  I’ll also ask if I need to gain more weight and how they would want me to do that.  I’ve only gained 5 pounds and the babies alone are over 2 of that.    

What I'm Looking Forward To:  Cassie will be here in a couple of hours.  Cody and I are pretty excited about that.  Trying to clean to get ready for company has really shown me how little I can do before I just get knocked out.  So if anyone plans to visit, please practice ignoring dust and such.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cassie and Colt hope you had a great trip! thank you to the two neighbors for the great help, i had a good time. Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete