Wednesday, September 12, 2012

21 weeks: Stats

Another week has chugged along.  I can't believe we'll probably have babies in 3 months.  Things have been much better for me overall.  I'm finally feeling that freedom and happiness that the second trimester is supposed to bring.  Our picture taking experience for this week was much better.  My face was not filled with rage, but there are still weird people on the internet so I've cropped my face out again.  These pictures are not the best.  We had some trouble with the flash in the bathroom.  It gets dark so early now we lost all the natural light to make a normal looking picture. 

Anyway... Courtney at 21 weeks:

 

 
 I will probably remove this one after a while, but these nice normal size belly shots are probably something I will soon want to remember:




How far along? 21 weeks

Baby's size? 2 Bananas!  According to the baby sites, the babies are each about 10.5” long and each about ¾ of a pound.  (I don't think I've ever seen a 10.5" banana.  Someone, somewhere must have gigantic bananas)

Total weight gain: 4 pounds (2 this week)

Belly Button Status:  Cody has been contemplating the best way to measure belly button progress.  I think he is weird.  My belly button looks about the same as last week.

What I’m Wearing:  It has finally been cool enough to break out the jeans more often.  I’ve been wearing pre-pregnancy jeans with a belly band to cover the top unzipped/unbuttoned part.  It feels really weird to walk around with your pants open.  Weird but awesome.

Symptoms:  The last week has actually been great with few symptoms.  I think now that my belly is rounding out the babies are putting less pressure on my lungs and stomach.  It was getting to the point of being difficult to breathe, but it has been much better this week.

Nausea:  My nausea has been pretty much gone this week.  I have still thrown up a couple of times, but I don’t feel so sick before or after.

Baby Movement:  Their movement is getting quite a bit stronger.  It is funny because I never really feel them both at the same time.  They do alternate though.   Usually Zeus is the one that gets it started, then when he stops Leonidas will flail around for a while, then Zeus starts up again.  Once in a while they both make a ruckus at the same time.  Cody still hasn’t felt them, but he probably will soon if he is patient enough.

How I'm Sleeping:  I’m getting better at rolling around, but the restroom problem is worse.  I can sleep for about 4 hours tops before I have to get up to pee.  I imagine it will only get worse with time. 

Things I Miss:  I miss being able to sleep without getting up in the middle of the night.  I can probably look forward to the babies ruining my sleep for the next 20+ years.

Best moment this week:  We put the first crib together this weekend.  Cody did most of it, but he did trap me inside the frame to help put screws in.  It is really weird walking by the guest room/soon to be nursery and seeing a crib.  2 cribs put together will probably rock our world.

Mood this week:  I haven’t thrown any hammers… so it must be better than last week.  There is a lot less stress after the positive anatomy scan.  Now the babies just need to grow at the same rate and they need to stay in until 35/36 weeks.

Upcoming Appointments:   I have a growth scan next week.  Ultrasounds are so much less exciting than they used to be.   I’m getting to the point where appointments will be even more frequent. 

What I'm Looking Forward To:  We are looking forward to our shower in October.  I got the shower invitation this weekend… well,  I actually got two.  That way we have one for each baby book.  The invitations are adorable.  It will be really nice to see all of the family on my side before the babies keep me home bound. 
From the invitation:
 ... Priceless
 

No comments:

Post a Comment