Friday, December 28, 2012

Some Pictures and Updates

Alex was getting a bath and a new feeding tube.  Here is a picture of him during the bath with no tube.
 
 
He was not super happy about the bath.

 
Here is Ben before his bath.  He was very calm.  He probably made cry faces like his brother once his bath started.  They don't get bath baths here.  It is more like a sponge bath.  They get a little cold and grumpy.

 
Here is how Cody spent his birthday.  That is Ben sleeping on his chest while Cody played the game on his computer.  Cody didn't spend the entire day like this, but this was probably his favorite part of the day.
 
 
 
This was Cody's birthday cake and ice cream.  We picked it up at the convenience store. 

 
Alex on Christmas.

 
Ben on Christmas.  Both of the babies have learned to use their hand to hold the pacifier in their mouth.
 


Cody holding Alex.  You can see he is also using his hand to hold in his pacifier.  They occasionally forget to breathe, but they can keep that pacifier in with the hand they manage to squirm out of a swaddle.  When they are wrapped up in a swaddle like this, the nurses call them baby burritos.  Cody called them a baby cigarette.  The nurse thought it was ... kinda funny.  I thought it was hilarious because Cody doesn't smoke.  He does eat a lot of burritos.  I'm not sure why baby cigarette popped into his head.

 
Things are going well.  Alex is dancing right around 5 lbs now.  Ben is 4 lbs 10 oz or so.  I guess both have gained about a pound over their birth weight.  Nursing is going okay.  We started doing tandem feeding today.  That is when you feed both boys at the same time.  Grandma and Grandpa Beard got me a fantastic twin breastfeeding pillow that makes it possible.  I don't know how I'd balance the boys without it.  They are still not professional nursers, but they have had multiple feedings now where they nursed long enough to get no additional food via feeding tube.  It feels like I never have my shirt on in that stupid room.  I'm pretty sure all of the nurses and most of the cleaning staff have seen me topless.  I'm definitely ready to be out of here.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment