Monday, December 10, 2012

2 New Rubys!

Edit with Additional Info:
 
Cody wrote the picture descriptions while I was hopped up on morphine.  He did a fine job, but his lack of explanations make things seem worse than they are.  I'll do a more full birth story later, but here is a summary:
 
On Sunday, December 9, I started to have extremely bad pain in my ribs and back.  Eventually at about midnight on the 10th, Cody made me come up to the hospital.  It was a good decision because I was diagnosed with severe preeclampsia.  The babies had to come out.  They called my on call MFM and the boys were out by 530 am on Dec. 10. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Benjamin Ruby (3 lbs. 12 oz.), seen here moments after delivery with CPAP
 
 
 
 
Benjamin, getting his blood pressure measured and blood samples taken.
 
 
 
 
Alexander Ruby (4 lbs. 2 oz.), seen here with breathing tube minutes after delivery.
 



Alexander, sleeping after a long morning.
 


 


Alexander experiencing his first skin-on-skin contact with his father.



1 comment: