Tuesday, December 18, 2012

First Double Kangaroo

Today was an exciting day!  Cody and I each got a chance to hold both babies at the same time. 
 
When I held them after lunch, they were both calm.  Ben slept the entire time without moving at all after he settled in.  Alex moved around a little, but he mostly stayed put as well. 
 
Cody held them later after work and they were significantly more active.  He had to worry about their little heads flopping around.  Alex has learned that he can push up and flip his head around, but he is not quite strong enough to put it where he wants it.  While Cody was holding them, they both reached out and held their brother's arm.  It was the first time they were close enough to touch each other since they were born.  It was super adorable.
 
 
I did not get a good picture of me with both of the boys.  I took a picture with my phone, but it was too dark to see anything good.  I got  a couple of pictures of Cody with them together.
 
 
In this picture, you can see Ben still has his arm out touching Alex.  Alex had his arm out touching Ben before this was taken.  
 
 
Here is the best picture I got of them together.  I still can't tell how similar I think they look.  Ben is on the left and Alex is on the right.  It seems like their nose shape might be a little different.  I guess is hard to tell with Ben's feeding tube in the way.

 
We are hoping to hold them more often.  They have a few more problems they need to iron out before we can really count on handling them more.  It really is awesome to hold and smell the little babies.  It warms my little Grinch heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment