Thursday, October 4, 2012

24 Weeks: Stats

We had a fun week with Cassie and Colt.  Time really went by fast.  I can't believe she is already leaving tomorrow morning!  It has been interesting having a baby around.  He is currently about 3 months, so its a funny glimpse into half our future.  Cody has enjoyed playing with him more than I expected he would.  It was also nice chatting with Cassie about the end of pregnancy and early babyhood.  Times are definitely changing!

We are also now at the point where hospitals would try to keep the boys alive if anything happened.  They even have a small chance of making it.  In a few weeks, their odds of survival go way up.  There are no warning signs of problems, but it is just crazy to think that the humans in me are starting to be done enough to live on their own.

Here is the belly:



 
Here is a new view.  I call it Courtney-cam.  You can see how the right side of my belly sticks out more than the left.  I'm pretty sure both babies are fighting to be on my right side.



How far along? 24 weeks !!

Baby's size? 2 cantaloupes! (a foot long and over a pound each)

Total weight gain: 8 lbs (3 this week)

Belly circumference:   At the belly button: 44.5"  At the maximum:  44.75" 

Belly Button Status:  It is getting much shallower.  It definitely feels weird, but it hasn’t popped.  It seems like the shape of my belly is moving up.  The maximum width used to be below my belly button, but now it is pretty much right at my belly button. 
What I’m Wearing:   My maternity jeans are still frustratingly loose.  My belly just can not hold my pants up.  I should probably just buy another pair.  I’ve been waiting to see if I gain a bunch of weight before I buy more pants.  I seem to have lost my belly band, so my old pants are definitely not an option currently.  I need to find something to wear to my shower the weekend after this one.  It may be the only time a lot of my family sees big pregnant me.

Symptoms:  Other than occasionally feeling like a turtle that has been flipped on the back of its shell trying to roll over, I feel pretty good.  I'd feel a lot better if my allergies weren't acting up so much!  I miss loading myself up on allergy meds.
Nausea:  I'm having more issues when I take pills, but I am not having any more problems day to day with nausea. 

Baby Movement:  It is still hit or miss if they will move at any one time.  Sometimes one or both will be having a dance party or wrestling match, and sometimes it will be really quiet in there all day.  The movements that I do feel are getting significantly stronger.  They are very easy to feel on the outside.  It is not to the point where you can see the movement on the outside.  I also can't offer to let others feel them move reliably.  They always stop when someone tries to feel them.

How I'm Sleeping:  I don’t have a lot of great things to say about sleeping.  I miss it terribly…..

 Things I Miss:  I miss being able to sleep in.  I wake up early, have to get up, then can’t fall back asleep.  I realize that most weeks the things I miss are sleep related.  That is how much I love sleep.  I only have 12 weeks max left before the babies are here!  I NEED to sleep now.  After seeing Colt around here, I’m confident I will never sleep again with two.

Best moment this week:  It has been fun having Cassie and Colt around.  I think the best part of the week is watching Cody play with Colt.  Here is one of the first pictures after Cody met Colt last Wednesday.
 
 
Mood this week:  I’ve had a pretty good week.  My allergies have been going crazy and I can’t properly medicate myself.  I think I’ve been pretty good considering that fact. 

Upcoming Appointments:  I have another growth scan this Friday.  I swear I practically live at the doctor’s office.  I still haven’t gotten a bill from them though.  I imagine the first one I get will be very frightening.  Cody may or may not make it depending on how work goes.  He has come home early a lot of days the last week to see Cassie more, so he may need to build up some more good will before he takes off for more appointments. 
What I'm Looking Forward To:  I’m looking forward to my shower in a couple of weeks.  Really I am looking forward to seeing my family more than I’m looking forward to the shower itself.  It sounds like they are doing a nice job planning the shower, so I’m sure that will be great as well.  I want everyone to have a chance to make fun of me for how big I’m getting, even though I will only be like 26 weeks or so at the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment