Wednesday, October 17, 2012

26 Weeks: Stats

I will update with pictures tomorrow.  We were supposed to take pictures tonight, but I fell asleep on the couch.  I'm pretty sure one or both of the babies are going through a growth spurt.  I've been really tired and hungry lately.


Update: So.... it took a little while longer than expected to get pictures to post.  We ended up doing them at 26.5 weeks.  There is probably a lot of change from the 25 week pictures and will not be much change between this and 27 weeks.  I've been REALLY tired lately.  Too tired to even stand for pictures in the evening.  I'm still not sure why people choose to do this pregnancy thing.
 
Cody didn't tell me my shirt was so scrunched up.  It looks like my belly is managing to keep the fabric nice and tight.
 
This is in fact a maternity shirt.  This shirt looks like it will be too short in no time.  I'm not completely sure what you are supposed to do when your belly starts hanging out of maternity shirts.

 
Enjoy this picture.  It will probably be the last naked belly picture I post to the blog.  It is already starting to look really awkward and scary from the front.  The internet doesn't need to remember my naked belly forever.  I'd just like to note the dark purplish mark on my underbelly is a bruise caused by me hitting something when I misjudged the size of my belly.  Cody also tends to elbow me in the belly when he isn't paying attention and misjudges my size.  The poor boys get hit on a lot of things.  Good thing they have strong, fighter names.




How far along? 26 weeks !!!

Baby's size? 2 English hothouse cucumbers (the long and skinny ones)!!  ( about  14” and 2 lbs each)


Total weight gain:  10 pounds (2 this week)

Belly circumference:   At the belly button:  44”   At the maximum:  45”

Belly Button Status:  Cody has given up on my belly button ever popping out.  He now looks at it with rage and contempt.  I keep telling him that I will be getting significantly bigger the next few weeks, so he should get to see it pop out before this is all said and done.  He doesn’t seem to believe me.

What I’m Wearing:  I made Cody take me shopping for something to wear at my shower.  He saw how horrible shopping for maternity clothes can be.  Why oh why does someone make skinny leg maternity jeans in my size?  Skinny jeans before I got the giant belly were horribly unflattering on me.  I accidentally tried on a pair and looked like a giant bulgy lollipop.  Somehow I overcame the shock to my self esteem caused by those jeans, and found a pair of slacks.  Those things are great.  They stay up way better than the maternity jeans do.  It feels like I’m wearing pajama pants.  The only down side is I guess I’ll have to wear actual shoes with them instead of my flip flops.  It just seems like such a waste to put too much money into clothes I only need for 9 weeks max.

Also, I’m having trouble wearing wife beaters now.  Wife beaters are the white tank top undershirts that you see a lot of guys wear as shirts.  Usually the guys you see wearing them as shirts are featured on Cops… but anyway… They are often associated with the trashier folk, hence the name “Wife Beater.”    I like to wear them outside while we work on the house or in the yard because they are a longer tank top so I can bend over without worrying about flashing the neighbors my goods.  Unfortunately, the growth of my belly has created a situation.  The wife beater no longer covers my full belly.  There are a few inches of baby belly that hang out of the bottom making the already trashy shirt look SUPER trashy.  Hopefully the crew of Cops won’t get called out here in the next few months, because I’m nearly positive this look would get us some air time.

Symptoms:  I have some killer heart burn every now and then.  I get exhausted after minimal movement or even sitting down too long.  I’ve been having insanely painful lower leg cramps that wake me up in the middle of the night.  Other than that, things are going well.

Baby Movement:  Their movement is significantly stronger and more frequent.  They still don’t move enough for other people to reliably be able to feel them.  They really start rocking and rolling after I eat a cupcake.  I still feel significantly more of everything on my right side where Zeus is.  If Leonidas was my only baby, I’d really wonder why he was so calm.  Unless my hypothesis is correct and Leonidas is really just trying to take over my right side leaving my left side quiet. 

How I'm Sleeping:  If I stay asleep, I sleep just fine.  There are more things waking me up in the middle of the night though.  The leg cramps have been truly horrible.  We’re pretty sure it happens when I’m dehydrated. 

 
Things I Miss:  I miss having any amount of endurance.  I get so exhausted just walking to the fridge or the bathroom. 

Best moment this week:  My shower was this weekend.  Other than the weather not cooperating, we had a really good time.  It was so nice to see all of the family.  We got some great gifts and had a lot of fun.  A get together like that really is the only way that you can see everyone you want to see in such a short period of time. 

Mood this week:  I don’t really like having this prompt in these updates.  It’s not like my mood really changes week to week.  If it did I probably wouldn’t post it anyway.  All things considered, I’m doing just fine.

Upcoming Appointments:  I have a growth scan and the gestational diabetes test later this week.  Cody is trying to rearrange his schedule so he can make it.  I’d really like for him to get to see his babies.  He missed the last 2 growth scans and they did a 3d/4d scan both times.  That is exactly what he would love.

What I'm Looking Forward To:  We’re going to buy a dresser this week with the money from Grandma Uland.  I’m excited to get that put together and start working on the nursery.  It feels SO weird to say “working on the nursery”!  I guess I’m looking forward to getting the nursery put together before I can no longer move. 

No comments:

Post a Comment