Thursday, October 11, 2012

25 Weeks: Stats

It has been another week already!  I don't feel much bigger than last week, but I'm starting to look pretty big in a mirror.

Here is the belly:



You can see my crazy belly button in this one.  It is not the most flattering, but nothing about pregnancy seems to be flattering.
 The Second Edition of Courtney Cam. This is what my belly looks like from my perspective, kinda.  From my true perspective, you would see a lot more chest. I choose to spare you all that.  You're welcome.  You can see a little bit how my right side is shaped a little different than the left side.
 
 
How far along? 25 weeks !!!

Baby's size? 2 Rutabagas by weight (or 2 heads of cauliflower)!! ( about 13.5” and 1.5 lbs each)

Total weight gain: 8 lbs (0 this week)

Belly circumference:   At the belly button:  43”  At the maximum:  43”

It seems to be measuring smaller today than last week, but I think it has a lot to do with the position of the babies at the time we measure.  Also, there is a lot more of my belly that measures at 43”, so I think it is rounding out more.  It is starting to feel really hard all over now. 

Belly Button Status:  The belly button is getting wider and more stretched.  It looks like it could make it out any day now.  The skin where my belly button piercing used to be is hilariously scary looking.  It is bright red and holding on by a thread.  It creates an odd ripple over my belly button.  Just a warning to all the ladies out there thinking about piercing their belly button, pregnancy does horrible things to that piece of skin left there.

What I’m Wearing:   My pre-pregnancy clothes are starting to get absurdly short on me.  I put on a tank top today that used to be a little short but long enough to go outside in.  Well, it now covers my boobs and the top of my belly.  It doesn’t even make it close to the belly button.  It is like a weird belly hat.  I don’t feel nearly as big as I am!

Symptoms:  Other than size related complaints, things have been very smooth.  

Baby Movement:  I’m pretty sure I tune out more of their small movements.  They move a lot right after I eat.  I still feel Zeus way more than Leonidas.  I halfway wonder if Leonidas isn’t just trying to take over my right side so that’s why all the movement is over there.  Sometimes the right side of my belly feels really tight and the left side feels really slack and empty.  I’m thinking Leonidas is a little conqueror.  They need to work out their differences and settle into their spots, because it is not comfortable when the right side gets so full.  Otherwise, their schedule overnight of moving at 2, 6, and 10am is still pretty accurate.  Of course I created nocturnal humans.

How I'm Sleeping:  I’m sleeping much better as long as I don’t roll over.  The babies have been laying in a way that is mostly off my bladder while I sleep.  That changes if I move though.  If I stay really still, I can almost sleep in a little bit.  I’ve developed a nice little snuggle system with pillows for my added comfort.   I’m pretty sure Cody is going to need to find somewhere else to sleep because my pillows need bed space!

Things I Miss:  I miss being able to get on a ladder and help Cody hang siding panels.  I miss being able to bend over to pick something up.  I kind of miss seeing my belly button.  It is long gone by now.  I miss having jeans that I can button and zip. 

Best moment this week:  My Mom and Dad came up this weekend to help with the house.  We had a lot of fun while they were here.  Well, it probably wasn’t that much fun for Dad, but he keeps coming back!  They made quite a bit of progress on the house.  We should hopefully be done by the time the babies are here… Hopefully…. 

We also got the first baby gift mailed to our house.  It showed up unexpectedly Monday or so.  Cody’s family sent a bouncer and some blankets.  It was very exciting.  I guess we have gotten a few things previously:  Cassie left us with a box of goodies, my mom has brought up a few things when they come up, and Grandma Beard sent me a hat that says, “Mom-to-be” on it.  I think the UPS truck just added to the excitement.  We do appreciate everything we’ve been given.

Mood this week:   I’ve been a little more prone to cry from frustration this week.  There have been a few iffy moments caused by me realizing I can’t do things I once did.  Granted,  most all of those things happened while I was on a ladder helping finish the house… but it still sucks.  The neighbors definitely get a kick out of the 25 week pregnant with twins me up on a ladder. 

Upcoming Appointments:  I have to do my Gestational Diabetes screening test sometime in the next week or so.  That should be fun.  I’m hoping I pass because the 3 hour test that I would have to take if I fail sounds really horrible.  I don’t think I have any of the symptoms of GD, so I’m not super worried.  I have another growth scan next week I believe.  Hopefully Zeus is in there catching up to Leonidas this week.  It should be fun to see how much more crammed in there they are.

What I'm Looking Forward To:  My family’s shower for us is this weekend.  I’m really looking forward to seeing everyone.  I’m bummed because we will only be there late Friday night and Saturday until the shower is over.  I wish we could stay longer, but we really need Sunday to work on the house.  We’re really running out of days that aren’t too cold to work!  I’ll just have to appreciate the few hours we’ll get to see everyone Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment