Wednesday, January 16, 2013

We're Home!!

They finally let us go! 
 
Alex was discharged on Saturday, Jan 12.  He spent 33 days in the NICU.  We had him for 1 night in the hotel at the hospital before his brother was released.  It was a relatively uneventful night. 
 
Ben was discharged on Sunday, Jan 13.  He spent 34 days in the NICU.
 
Once we got home, we quickly learned that taking care of the boys was going to be a real pain in the butt.  Our friends stopped by to bring dinner (which was delicious by the way), and I had no way to eat it.  I had two sleeping babies on me.  It brings a whole new meaning to the term baby blanket.  (Blanket made of babies... HaHaHa...)
 
Here I am trying to eat with a plate balanced on my shoulder.
 
 
Here is a video of them moving around:
 
Any talking you hear in the background is the show, The West Wing.  I'm only introducing my boys to smart tv.  :)
 
Ben is on the left in short sleeves.  Alex is on the left in long sleeves.
 
 
 
 
Here is a video of them much calmer:
 
 
 
 
Here are some pictures:
 
This is the crib they had at the hotel for Alex.  It was huge and metal.  It really looked like baby jail.
 
 
 
Alex in his car seat.  He seems so little in the car seat, but when I hold him he seems huge.
 
 
Cody with Alex.  He wasn't really sleeping.  You're not allowed to do that with a baby!  They were just snuggling pre-putting Alex in baby jail.

 
A couple from their first night at home.  This one they are awake and interacting a little.  By the way, I have no good answer for why my printer is in the middle of the room on the floor.
 
 
And they fell asleep.

 
I'll post some that are not quite so red when I have some time.  I've been too busy feeding them to get a lot of good pictures.
 
We are doing well and getting adjusted to life with babies.  They are still alive, so I'd call that a win.
 
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment