Wednesday, January 23, 2013

6 Weeks!!

The boys are now 6 weeks old.  I can't believe they are that old.  The NICU time really doesn't seem to count in my mind.  Their due date is on Wednesday, so I guess that is another milestone.

We had a follow up Pediatrician appointment to check their weight and make sure things are on track.  They both gained weight and are okayed to start the regular baby appointment schedule instead of a more highly monitored schedule.  Interesting side note, their doctor is an identical twin.

Ben is 6 lb 7 oz
Alex is 6 lb 9 oz

They don't fit in any preemie stuff and they are in regular size diapers now.  We are doing cloth diapers most of the time.  I thought Cody would dislike it more, but he told me today how much he doesn't like the disposables.  Other than the added laundry, I'm pretty happy with the cloth diapers as well. 

We have officially hit our out of pocket max for health insurance for the 2012 year.  They haven't even processed the claims for my hospital stay or the NICU stay for the boys.  I'd say we definitely got our money's worth last year.  The neonatalogists charged $300 per day per boy.  I've already got that bill.  That really adds up.

Alex and Ben are getting increasingly mobile in their cribs.  They are able to move closer together when they want.  They also plant their head and kick around in a circle.  It is kind of like how Cody and I crawled, only on a smaller scale.  (I balanced on my head face down and kicked with my legs.  Cody balanced on his head facing up and kicked with his legs.  Neither of us was very good with our arms I guess.)  They like to get really close together and scream in each other's face.  I don't think they intend to scream in the other's face, but it does happen.  They are also able to roll from their back to their side or from one side to their back to the other side.  I think they do this by flinging their head to the side as fast and hard as they can and letting physics take over from there.  I haven't seen it happen, but they end up in positions I didn't put them in.


Teamwork
(Alex left shirtless, Ben right in blue)





No comments:

Post a Comment