Monday, January 28, 2013

7 Weeks!

I'm going to try to start doing posts like I did during my pregnancy each week with the same prompts.  I don't know how it will go, or how long I'll keep it up, but I do enjoy looking back on my weekly updates.  The prompts may change at first until I figure out what I want to track.

Alex
 
Alex holding Ben's hand.  He was also sucking on Ben's hand.







Weight:  (i'll weigh them later and post it here)

New developments:  He is really getting good at holding and moving his pacifier.  He actually holds on to the little nub thing on the outside with his fingers, not just blocking it with his whole hand.  He also reaches out to touch Ben a lot more than Ben reaches out to touch him.  They are both really starting to suck on their hands.

What he is wearing: They fit in their bigger boy cloth diapers now.  They aren't supposed to fit until 8-9 lbs, but they seem to be working just fine.  I'm glad because I didn't buy very many really small diapers.  They were getting a little over used.  Now we have plenty to choose from.

Favorite memory of the week:  He was awake for a few hours one day while Ben was sleeping.  We did tummy time on my chest and sang songs.  Of course I had to make up songs because I can never remember the words to real songs while under pressure.  I made up some excellent ballads.  He doesn't know the difference.

Least favorite memory of the week:  He has really been choking on bottles this week.  I don't know why, but it hasn't been fun.  Nothing has changed.  I think he is having trouble breathing because he is a little congested.  That is one of the side effects of his reflux.

What we're looking forward to:  He is currently really working on better head control.  I'm looking forward to him getting the hang of it.  He is trying so hard, it will be nice to see him reach his goal.

Ben
 
Here is Ben wearing on of the hats that our wonderful neighbors Randy and Sandy got for the boys.  Sandy saw that I wanted hats with their names embroidered on them, so she made some for me.  They each have 3 hats with their name.  I didn't even have to break out the sharpie, duct tape, or hi my name is stickers. (reference to previous post :) )

 
Baby sneeze about halfway through.  You can see Alex's hands on the right side.
 


 
Baby yawn.  Almost as cute as a bunny yawn.
 
 





Weight:  (i'll weigh them later and post it here)

New developments:  He has periods where he is a lot more awake for a lot longer.  It is good and bad.  Good because it is nice to have him up and interacting, but bad because I get even less time away from him to do things that need to be done.

What he is wearing:  His name hat!  And it is adorable.

Favorite memory of the week:  This morning he was fussing in his crib, so I put him in bed with us.  He was giving me the cutest faces.  It was really dark though, so maybe the cute faces were all in my head.  My brain was probably trying to make him seem cuter so I wasn't angry he had me awake at 5am for no reason.

Least favorite memory of the week:  He has been falling asleep before he is done eating and then freaking out 20 minutes later from starvation.  Of course that is after I've put everything up so it takes a while to get more food for him.  I tell him he is not really starving, but he doesn't listen.

What we're looking forward to:  He is getting his next Synagis shot next week.  It will probably be the first time I go out by myself with both babies.  I'm really really (not) looking forward to that!

Cody and Courtney
 
Bottle Feeding 2
 
 
The joys of two babies.  Just a little spitup... on both sides.
 
 
 
 
Favorite (non baby) memory of the week:  I made bacon pancakes.  Cody's ring tone is a song about bacon pancakes.  Every time his phone rings I crave them, but I had never had them.  I finally got around to making them on Sunday.  Yes it was delicious, but not worth the extra work.  I'll just top the pancakes with bacon next time.  I'll skip the "inside the pancake" step.

Least favorite memory of the week:  Cody has a big audit for work coming up this week.  He's been really busy.. (and grumpy) preparing for that.

What we're looking forward to:  We're looking forward to getting Shep home.  He has been with my parents for weeks now.  That dog is getting spoiled.  He'll be so disappointed to come home.  Hopefully mom and dad can stay not sick so they can bring him up this weekend.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment