Wednesday, August 1, 2012

My Pregnancy Brain Works in Mysterious Ways

Cody and I had a very fun adventure over the last weekend and early this week.  Cody lost his wallet!!!  We went to get Mexican carryout on Friday and when we went to the store Sunday Cody's wallet was gone. 

We went around and around trying to figure out where the wallet was and/or why he would be so silly to drop his wallet on the ground outside of the Mexican food place.  He has set a precedent for this.  A few months ago, he dropped his wallet out of the car in our driveway on his way to work and so his wallet was in our driveway all day.  I was filled with as much rage as my sick, pregnant body could muster.  Not really, I sort of figured we would find it dropped in the back yard, or stuck in the detached garage or something related to Cody working on the house this weekend.  Cody was very sad because he loves that wallet.  He has had it since before we met in college and it still looks new. 

Sunday, we looked in all of the places we might expect to find the wallet.  We checked places where it might fall and places that we normally stash things.  We dug through all of the laundry and checked pockets of every item of clothing Cody owns with pockets.

Monday, I was way too sick to look for the wallet.  Cody called the Mexican restaurant to see if it had been turned in, but of course it had not.  Cody's sadness at the thought of having to replace the wallet was building.  Never mind all of the credit cards, insurance card, driver's license, and cash that were also missing.... He loves that wallet!

Tuesday was still a pretty bad day for me in terms of morning (all day) sickness, but it was desperate times.  I spent hours alternating between searching and throwing up.  I found a lot of things that I had been missing: a single flip flop, my old brush, and an allergy medicine I'm no longer supposed to take.  That wallet  was no where to be found. 

Finally.... FINALLY.... I found the wallet!!!

It turns out, I'm the one that "lost" the wallet in the first place.  Apparently when I was picking up on Sunday, I decided to put Cody's wallet up.  Normally, I put all of Cody's items in the bag he takes to work.  Every other item that had been on the table with the wallet was tucked safely in his bag.  Somewhere in my crazy brain, I decided that the best place for his wallet was in my kitchen cabinets tucked safely behind the toaster oven that we haven't used in over a year.  So sometime between picking up the kitchen Sunday at noon and leaving for the store at about 2, I forgot that I put his wallet in my kitchen cabinets. 

Cody was a super good daddy-to-be and teased me about it very little.  He was not angry and he did not laugh at me.... too much. 

These babies better be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment