Wednesday, August 29, 2012

19 Week Appointment: Meet the MFM

We finally got to officially meet one of the MFMs at our new clinic for a 19 week appointment.  Everything went fine, I guess. 

We spent 2 hours in the exam room before the doctor came in.  I guess they were already running behind, and then the doctor went into the wrong room and took an appointment that should have been after me.  I haven't had such a long wait when I went in for ultrasounds at the clinic, so I'm hoping it was just one of those days.  Cody and I trapped in a little room with no sounds, distractions, or activities is really not a great idea.  Top that off with my normal off schedule nausea and we are really lucky we both made it out alive. 

Other than that, the doctor explained his concerns with my type of twins.  He seems mostly focused on premature labor/birth and less concerned with anything else.  He doesn't really seem to want to worry about anything or discuss anything until we find an actual problem.  He did tell me he wants me to gain 40-50 pounds.  I'm finally back at my pre-pregnancy weight after losing weight during my morning sickness struggles.  I believe I'm actually up about 1 pound now. 

He did a quick ultrasound to make sure they were still okay.  They both still have heart beats and are flopping around in there.  He poked my belly while doing the ultrasound and you could see the babies move away from the pokes.  Since it was early afternoon, I'm sure they were taking a nap.  That's what I wanted to be doing.

He said everything else looks okay for now.  We'll know more after our big anatomy scan in early September. 

No comments:

Post a Comment