Wednesday, August 8, 2012

16 Week Appointment and Gender Discovery

I had an appointment on Tuesday with my (now former) OB to get my official and final referral to the Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) clinic in Omaha.  My doctor and those in his practice are just not comfortable keeping me because of my mono/di twins. 

The appointment turned out to be pretty exciting.  Cody was going to try to make it because we get an ultrasound every time and he wanted to see the babies, but he just couldn't make it out of work.  I told him not to worry because this was not a really important appointment.  I was wrong!  When the doctor gave me an ultrasound to check for the heart beats, our babies were showing their private parts clearly and proudly.  They kept their faces hidden, but both of them were really showing the goods.  Thankfully, the doctor is really laid back and had no problem with me recording the ultrasound so Cody got to experience it a little bit when he got home.  Cody doesn't really want to share the sex with everyone, but we'll see if he changes his mind now that he knows.  They are both the same sex, which is good since they are probably identical.

Other than that, the appointment was fine.  The babies are getting really big.  They looked fine as far as the quick ultrasound showed. I got the results of my NT scan from a couple of weeks ago, and everything looks normal.  My risk was something like 1:10,000 which is on the very low end.  We discussed how I've been considerably more sick the last few weeks, and he said it was as normal as anything is in pregnancy.  He sent a refill in for my Zofran and gave me a lot more pills this time.  Hopefully things will start getting better soon. 

My next appointment is a growth scan at 18 weeks.  I will probably have my appointment to meet my new doctors then too. 

I'm currently taking the audio off of the ultrasounds, and I will post a link when they are ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment