Wednesday, August 22, 2012

18 Week Appointment

Yesterday was my first growth ultrasound with the new doctor.  Cody was not able to go with me, but he really didn't miss much.  I have so many appointments, poor Cody is going to have to miss plenty.  Anyway, they measured the head, stomach, and femur of each baby.  They also checked heart beats, fluid levels, and general positioning things.  The doctor said I would get another growth scan in 4 weeks, so the babies must have checked out okay.  They did verify that they are still boys.  My boys are not shy about showing their parts.

The images from the ultrasound are not that great, but here they are for anyone interested:

Baby A:
 
The Bottom of Little Feet.  The toes are facing down and to the left.
 

A little hand with fingers on the right side.  I'm not sure what is to the left, it might  be a creepy face shot. 
 
 
 Baby A's profile looking down.  You can see his spine and little legs.  He must not have been in a great position for pictures because this is all I got of Baby A.


 
Baby B:
 
Here is a picture of his face.  This is one of the least creepy ultrasound face pictures I have ever seen.  Usually their bones show up bright white so they get a creepy Halloween mask look, but he looks pretty okay in this shot.  The top of his head is to the right and his body is to the left.
 
 
 
 Here is one of the creepy Halloween mask face pictures.  You can see his eye sockets and chin shape.  His arms are near his face.

 
This is a profile of Baby B looking up.  You can see his heart in his chest.  You can also see little fingers near his mouth.

 
Baby B must have flipped, because here is a shot of him facing down.  You can see his spine pretty clearly.  He was a little twisted so it looks a little weird. 

 
 
 
Things have otherwise been pretty okay.  My sickness has decreased considerably.  I am patiently waiting to start feeling them move.  It could start any time now. 
 
We will probably start taking belly growth pictures and posting them weekly.  I do wish we would have started a little bit sooner. 

I have my first real appointment with my new high risk OB next Tuesday.  Cody is going to try to make it to that appointment.  Hopefully the doctor can answer some questions about how we are going to deal with the next 20 weeks. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment