Friday, March 1, 2013

11 Weeks!!

Alex



Weight: 10ish lbs

New developments: Eyebrows!  They are not fully there, or dark, but they are coming in.  He is getting a lot better with head control.  If he is held against your chest he can look around pretty much all he wants.  There is a lot of cooing going on.  I'm still waiting for consistent smiles.  I'm pretty sure we just have unhappy babies.

What he is wearing: The 0-3 month sleepers fit well.  It actually looks like he may outgrow it in the torso soon.  His legs are still a little short for them, but he is getting there.  He is officially out of newborn sizes.  I miss some of his old clothes already.  :(  He is also outgrowing his newborn size cloth diapers.  I have 2/3 of what I need for the next size up, but I need to do a little diaper shopping before we need to start relying on that stash.

Favorite memory of the week: I'm enjoying the moments where he just sleeps on my chest for a long time.  He also likes to reach out and hold my hand or touch my leg while he sleeps near me.  He is a snuggle monkey.

Least favorite memory of the week: I was super sick for a week and now Cody is sick.  I've spent a lot of time listening to every noise they make and taking their temperatures every time they feel a little off because I'm so scared of them getting what we have/had.

What we're looking forward to:  I'm still waiting for consistent smiles that don't signal vomiting.


Ben



Weight: 10ish lbs
New developments: Ben is also getting eyebrows and is making big progress in head control.  It is amazing how much better they are at looking at us now.  They will look towards noises and follow you with their eyes.  They will both use their arms to support themselves when on your chest. They
are comically too top heavy to be any good at picking up their head off the floor.

What he is wearing:  He is the same as his brother only he is not as long in the torso yet.  The 0-3 month stuff looks like it won't last very long.  Cassie just lent us another box of hand me downs.  It looks like a lot of it will not even get worn before they are too big.  My little babies are getting huge.

Favorite memory of the week:  Ben is starting to get really silly.  He will look at me and then make weird happy faces and head butt me.  Then he'll pop back up to see if he made me laugh. 


Least favorite memory of the week: I've had a few more giant spit ups down the front, or back, of my shirt lately.  I now just wear tank tops and low cut shirts because it is easier to clean spit up off of skin than shirts.

What we're looking forward to: I would like a little longer stretch of sleep at night.  Sometimes during the day they will give me 4 hours between feedings.  I'd like that 4 hour stretch to happen at night instead.
Cody & Courtney
Favorite (non baby) memory of the week:  I went shopping without babies.  It was just grocery shopping, but it was so nice.  It was nice to be around other people and seeing walls other than the ones in our house.

Least favorite memory of the week: It was really hard being away from the babies while I was so sick.  I'd try to micromanage Cody taking care of the babies from the bedroom.  They would cry for a while and I'd be yelling all the things he should try to do to make them stop.  I don't think he loved getting my 'help'.  He had to take off all last week to take care of the babies while I waited for my fever to break.  Having kids makes being sick a lot harder.
What we're looking forward to: Not being sick!  Also, it will be nice when RSV season is over and we can loosen up our baby lock down position.  I want to be able to take them outside or to see family.

Everything else is going well.  The boys are doing new things and we're enjoying them as much as we can.  I really wish we had more time and attention to devote to each baby, but I imagine it is similar to having a toddler and a 2nd baby.  These babies are growing up to be quite independent.  Shep is really getting the short end of this stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment