Saturday, December 20, 2014

New toys, Christmas Decorations, PVC Pipe fun, Dr Visit, and more!

I know it has only been a week since the party and a lot of updates, but it's been a BUSY week.  By busy, I mean I've been mostly recovering from the celebration and taking pictures of the boys from the couch.

I think this picture sums up "Courtney" more than any other picture, ever.  I think this describes me even better than the fact that I somehow lost one of my curtains months ago, and still haven't found it or replaced it.


Yes, I made minimal effort to hang up our stockings.  No, I never bothered to buy stocking holders.  Yes, I used canned food to hold up the stockings.  Yes, I am 100% comfortable with that decision.   Merry Christmas, family!  The black circles are the cans/stocking holders.  The purple circle is a can of butter beans.  

Every time I go shopping and see butter beans, I literally start laughing out loud  in the bean aisle.  I told the story before about my grandpa and the butter beans.  I finally bought a can and stuck it on my mantle for when I need a good laugh.  I would like to note I get Better Homes and Gardens AND Good Housekeeping.  Neither one suggested memorial butter beans over the fireplace.  pfft.

Here are the boys playing with their new workbench.  They super love this thing.  Ben still in his pajamas, Alex in his orange undershirt.


Ben drilling.  They have figured out how all the gears work together and how to use tools on the nail things on the work bench.


Alex, my sucker monster.  I give the boys each one.  Alex steals Ben's.  Ben asks for another.  Alex steals it.  Ben asks for another.  Alex steals it.  Etc.  I let it go on because I think it is hilarious.


Alex up close


They managed to get a hold of the left over streamers and completely unravel them.  They had quite the party.  They were pretty proud of themselves when we caught them.  They ran back and forth from the living room to the master bedroom and back with long streamer tails.  

Alex


Alex had no remorse


Ben had a little remorse, but not much.


I found these mystery foot prints in the snow on our driveway.  It bothered me all day.  I had Hubby "expert tracker" Cody analyze my evidence.  He yelled at me about how he is not an expert tracker and how was he supposed to know.  I forced him to look closer.  He spent like 5 minutes miming the way different animals would move while looking at the picture, and finally decided it must have been a dog mid run stride.  I don't know if I believe him, but my info is only as good as my experts.


I was reading something on Buzzfeed about how old kid actors/characters from our childhood would be now.  I saw this one of Maggie from Simpsons and about wet myself laughing so hard.  Apparently my parenting is right on par with a show making fun of bad parenting.  Maggie and Ben.  Cody said, "At least she is pointing it away from herself." 


Alex blue Ben green.  Sharing a can of little crunchies.  They are actually really good sharers.  


Ben covered in crumbs


Evolution of a baby smile.

Stage 1.

He is amused, but hasn't decided to commit to the good cheer.


Stage 2

Coming around.  Smile getting wider and head tilting back.


Stage 3.  Full smile force.

Eyes completely squinted shut, giant smile, head all the way back, full up the nose view

I realized I don't have a lot of use-able pics of Ben and wondered why.  I looked through my camera roll, and saw that he has started smiling like this is all of his pics.  There are only so many up the nose pics I want to post.


Important brother discussions


Brother hugs!


I found a good idea for keeping toddlers busy in that book I mentioned before in the play
dough porcupine post.  This is a PVC pipe mounted going down the stairs and a bunch of balls.  Kid puts a ball in at the top and it flies out the bottom.  It is fun and encourages them to burn off energy walking up and down the stairs.

They LOVE it.  They were literally spinning with glee when the ball shot out of the bottom and hit the door.   Sidenote: the boys have started spinning around quickly until they get dizzy for fun.  Hilarious.  Anyway, I didn't get a video of them doing that, but maybe later.  Alex watching the ball go down.


Ben putting in a ball.



The boys figured out that they could take a bucket to the bottom and collect balls to bring up.  Before the bucket, they could only bring up 2 at a time.  Crafty little monkeys.  Alex and his ball bucket.


Stairs.  Don't worry about them on the stairs.  I am 100% confident in their stair abilities.  They have been walking upright on stairs since like 15 months.


Exercising on the trampoline.  Alex is doing his pre workout stretches.


We had their 2 year doctor visit this week.  Ben is almost 27 pounds and Alex is about 28 pounds.  They are both 33 inches tall, which, drumroll please..... PUTS THEM SOLIDLY ON THE GROWTH CHARTS, FINALLY!!!!!  They have always been in the 3rd or fewer percentile.  This means that out of 100 kids their age they would be one of the shortest 3.  They are now in the mid 20 percentile!  They are still short, but not abnormally short.  I'm so happy to hear that, but also a little sad.  They are getting bigger and older.  I don't have babies anymore!

The appointment went about as well as you can imagine 2 toddlers in a closed room in a new place with lots of germs could go.  The doctor said they look great.  At one point, they were running around in circles together and bumped heads really hard.  Alex started crying.  Cody picked him up.  After a few seconds, Alex reached for me, so Cody gave him to me.  A few seconds later, he reached for the doctor, so I handed Alex to her.  He let her hold him while he cried for way longer than he usually cries.  It was very cute.  She is nice and probably appreciated the baby snuggles.

My phone hasn't been uploading videos, so I may add some video later.

No comments:

Post a Comment