Saturday, December 13, 2014

Happy 2nd Birthday Party

Today was our construction theme birthday party for the boys.  It was a lot of fun.  I'm pooped, so I'm not going to do a spectacular job.    For some reason, most of my pictures on both my cameras turned out pretty awful.  The lighting was just not ideal.  Here is the best of what I got.  If anyone is in these pictures and wishes not to be, let me know and I will delete them.  I covered the faces of any non family, because not everyone wants to be an Internet star on my oh so popular blog.


Cousin love.  Cousin C came to the party.  This turned in to a no pants party somehow.  The boys wore matching, " I dig being two.." shirts.  Here is Alex and C playing/battling/loving.


Great Grandma and Alex


Grandma and Ben


Alex was feeding Great Grandpa


Gifts did not go so well.  There was just SO.. so much going on.  They pulled out some of the things they could see, but lost interest quickly.  They had been trying to get a hold of this wagon for a while, but everyone had told them no.  We finally said, "Okay, we can open gifts now." They both ran right to the wagon and started opening it.  I know you understand me now babies, get off my counters!


Cousin was ready to move on


They took turns climbing in the wagon and pulling each other around


Balls!  (Ben)


Dancing snow men.  

I would like to note that these pics look WAY more peaceful than it actually was.  I basically had to chase babies down with packages trying to get the boys to open them.  Eventually I had to finish opening things myself.  I did my best toddler boy impression by adding lots of, "WOOOWWW"s to my reactions.

Ben center, Alex with his face cut off


Cousin C playing with neighbor A





More gifts in the hallway!  Alex


Alex admiring a car from our neighbors.  Thanks!  You couldn't see him open this from your chair, but he was happy. 



Their candle blowing out cakes.  I took pity on the party goers and did not let the boys spit on the main cake.


Trampolining

Alex left, Cousin, Ben right


This was a big hit.  Thanks Grandma Meme and Grandpa.




It looks like I didn't take a pic of the main cake before I took the toys off, oops.  The important part here is the dark circles all around.  This was a construction theme.  I think road work is happening here.  I assume the piles are supposed to be piles of dirt, but MULTIPLE people asked if they were cow patties.  Thanks for the poop cake, Hy-vee.  :)  It was good.


Setting up the pic area



Alex.  Most of his pics are blurry and only a partial face.  These 2 were best.


Alex


Chatting through the hole.  Ben I think. The green dot on the back of his shirt is his name mark.  They had matching shirts, so everyone kept asking which boy was which.  I gave them each a different colored sticker with their first initial on the front and back.  It really, really helped.  


Ben


Cousin.  His was definitely the best.  It was just dumb luck though.  He was moving quickly too.  My camera just happened to catch the exact right moment. 

Kisses through the cutout


The name sticker on his back


Ben


They pulled each other around in the wagon.



Lots of fun.  I'll probably add/remove/edit later.  Thanks everyone that came.  It was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment