Monday, April 29, 2013

Pics and Why I love cloth diapers- The Poo Chronicles #1

Things are going well around here.  The city had their big trash day.  We don't have a dump around, so we were waiting for this city wide dumping opportunity.  Cody took like 6 pickup loads of trash, mostly construction debris, in to throw out.  we finally have space in our 2.. yes 2 garages.  At one point both garages were so full, we wouldn't have been able to pull the cars in if there was a storm.  Anyway, it is so nice to be rid of that.

Here is another round of pictures in the same outfits and same poses.  I do what I can.

I'm also going to throw in some of the reasons I love cloth diapering.  I've kept my hippie ways off the blog because some people judge hippies... but today I have lessons that are important to share.  There are definitely more reasons I love it than I've listed, but we can save that for another day.

Why I love cloth diapers- Reason 1: It can be cheaper.   There is a surprisingly booming used diaper market. You can easily sell used for 50% or more of your cost new.  We are sticking with new but will probably sell our stash when we are done.

Why I love cloth diapers- Reason 2: So cute


Baby hand. You can see my hand is  so dry I bleed.


Cody's mom got them these outfits and wanted a picture of them together.  (Edit: turns out Cody may have made up this request.  silly Cody.  either way... I got a few good pics out of it.)  I don't know how many of you have tried to take a picture of 2 very spit uppy babies together, but it is nearly impossible to get a good shot.  If one looks good the other is making a ridiculous face.  If one is doing something funny, the other one has a bunch of milk shooting out of his mouth... Their clothes get gooey and they start crying because they are too close together.  Anyway... .this is the best I could do.  Thanks for the cute onesies!


This one is also of them in their new onesies.  It is my new favorite shot of them.  I wish I had gotten a little more of Ben (on the left), but I love it.


The first thing Cody bought after finding out we were having twins was matching KSU onesies.  He got them in size 6 months because he thought we would have plenty of time for the boys to wear them.  He was wrong.  I finally broke them out today (it has been way too cold for just onesies) and they are the perfect size now but not for long.

Ben


Ben was laughing at how horrible I am at singing.  At least my babies appreciate my music.


Ben


Alex.  Why I love cloth diapers- Reason 3:  Look how colorful!  Sometimes they coordinate with their outfits.  Sometimes I'm happy to find any clean diaper.


This shot was also a victim of 2 baby photography.  There are some where Alex looks super cute, but Ben is spitting up hugely.  In some, Ben is making a cute face but Alex is having trouble keeping his head up.  I like this one of both well enough.


Ben was getting a little bit tired of being posed.  Alex was singing with me and banging his rattle on things.


I picked this one just because they are holding hands.  This was the last picture I took.  Ben was completely done with picture time. 


Why I love cloth diapers- Reason 4:  Superior blowout protection.  We've never had a blowout in a cloth diaper.  We've had some doosies when the boys were wearing disposables.  There is elastic around the top of cloth that keep even forceful events inside.  Disposables rely on loosely taping around to the front.  Alex had a blowout so awesome that poo made it to his arm.  Yes... his arm.  I used very fancy stars to cover up the actual poo.... because I already feel like that mom just posting this picture.  I think this is a valuable lesson to all those moms out there trying to decide if cloth diapering is the way to go.  It can be less expensive, it is cute and colorful, and it stops poo from shooting out of the arm holes of baby clothes. 


You're welcome.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete