Thursday, April 16, 2015

Easter

We didn't have much excitement this Easter.  We got sick the weeks leading up to Easter.  The boys were better, but we had passed it on to Cody and I was still sick.  That led to a pretty quiet holiday.  We didn't dye eggs.  Instead, I made a pan of rice krispie treats and cut them in to small squares.  Then we decorated those with sprinkles.  It was great.... for about 3 minutes.  I'm really glad I didn't go to the effort of preparing to dye eggs with the boys.  Here is how our day was:

Alex in grey/orange.  Ben in camo.  Here is the beginning of our journey.  Here are the neat bowls of sprinkles and nicely lined up rice krispies.


Ben carefully decorating


Alex carefully decorating


Ben examining his work


Needs to add something


Never mind, this handful is going in the mouth.


Well that was fast.  Sprinkles bowl tipped over and played in.  One lone rice krispie forgotten.


The red circles show you their sprinkles covered mouth.  The blue circle shows the sprinkles on the table and a rice krispie sitting in an empty sprinkle bowl.  The purple circle shows you just how few were decorated before things went haywire.  Full disclosure, I decorated at least 2 of those while showing them what I wanted them to do.  Great job, guys!



Yum


Our masterpiece.


Here is the cake I made for Easter.  Even though I was sick, I HAD to make a frickin bunny cake.  Cody gave me SO MUCH CRAP over buying this $5 bunny shaped cake pan.  I was not going to let the holiday pass without using the stupid thing.  He thought I should have made a sheet cake and cut out the bunny.  It's like he doesn't even know me.  I'm proud when my cakes come out square... there is no hope of me producing an acceptable cake sculpture.  Here's my bunny cake:


We moved on to eating the cake.  Alex looking at the cake


Ben and Alex looking at the cake


Yes, Ben appears to be eating cake off of a butter knife. At least he is using a utensil?


We didn't do an egg hunt.  We didn't cook anything fancy or go anywhere outside of the house and yard.  It was a good day, all things considered.

I'm going to try to do a couple more blog updates soon.  





No comments:

Post a Comment