Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy 4th of July!

We survived the 2nd 4th of July for the babies.  We had a lot of fun.

Our neighbors invited us over for a swimming pool day and cookout.  We have drank a significant amount of their alcohol (SIGNIFICANT... have you met Cody?  :) )  in the past, so I thought it would be nice to bring something to their get together.  I settled on Strawberry Margarita Jello Shots, IN a hollowed out strawberry... that stands up on its own!! 

Sidenote:  I chose this recipe after seeing it on a Pinterest Fail blog.  I don't know why seeing someone else fail horribly at something made me think, "I can totally do that well enough to take to someone else's house!"  Anyway, someone else's Pinterest Fail was my Pinterest Win!

These took FOREVER to make.  It is a lot harder than you would think to dig all of the stuff out of a strawberry.  It was delicious and totally worth it.  I poured the extra booze jello in plastic cups both because Cody hates strawberries and because I'm too lazy to prep that many strawberries.  After the jello booze set, I rolled them in sugar and gave them a tiny lime wedge.

They were awesome.  Awesome.  AWESOME!  (The booze jello in the cups was not awesome.)

Strawberry Margarita Jello Shot


 
I took them up with us.  They were a big hit.  I was worried that taking jello shots to a laid back midday family get together would be weird, but they went over really well.  Luckily, our neighborhood runs on booze.  You can't go wrong with that.
 
After our hellos, we got in the pool.  Ben and Cody.  The boys are a little iffy about the pool for quite a while.  They do warm up to it though.

 
Alex spent a lot of time with this empty can.

 
Ben getting out of the pool and being greeted by a neighbor dog.

 
Alex with his can

 
Ben getting thrown in the air by Cody

 
He really enjoyed it

 
Cody bringing the boys out of the pool.  Alex still has the can.

 
 
Note: Alex didn't spend all day with the can and avoiding the pool.  I didn't have my camera to take pictures for very long, so I didn't get any good pictures of Alex in the pool.  He loved floating on a lounger raft thing.  They both did a few random jumps in to the water, thankfully it was always when someone was there to catch them.  They splashed and played a lot.  Cody threw Alex in the air like in the pictures with Ben.  Alex didn't have shorts on though, so when he would come out of the water, his diaper would sag and you could see his baby buns.
 
Eventually, we got out of the pool.  Here are the boys talking to the neighbor and his 2 sons plus 2 neighbor dogs.

 
Alex, of course, found a hose to wrap around his neck like a necklace and walk around with.

 
After we came home and put the boys down, we made smores using our grill.


 
Then we watched our HOA's fireworks show from our back deck.


 
Happy 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment