Tuesday, February 12, 2013

9 Weeks!!

Alex

Weight:  8 lb 5 oz

New developments:  Eyelashes!  They are both growing these long beautiful eyelashes.  They got that from Cody, definitely not me.

What he is wearing:  He is fitting in the 0-3 month sleepers a little better.  He is still a little short, but he is getting there. 

Favorite memory of the week: I had both boys in the crib close together while I was changing the bedding for one of them.  Alex was using Ben's shoulder to hold his pacifier in.  It was very cute. 

I don't actually remember things well enough to really post things here.  I have to desperately remember something that happened.  I'm with them too often!  Cute things lose their cuteness when you see it all the time.

Least favorite memory of the week: He has been super spitting up this week.  I can think of at least 2 times this week where he threw up enough to make a puddle in my sports bra.  Totally gross.

What we're looking forward to:  I'm still waiting for a smile that does not signal vomit.


Ben

Weight:  8 lb

New developments: They are both starting to actually look at us.  Before they would look in your general direction, but you can see them actually focusing on your face now... finally.

What he is wearing:  The clothes that were so big I had to roll up the sleeves and pants in the NICU are now pretty much too small.  The arms definitely fit and are almost too short on my favorite outfit for them.  I'm sad about that.  Cody has offered to try to find my favorite sleeper in a bigger size.

Favorite memory of the week:  He gave me baby kisses.  It was more pressing his mouth on me and gnawing, but it felt like kisses.  I'm sure he was just trying to tell me he wanted food, but it was nice.  Also, he tried to latch on to my nose.  He got his mouth on it and started sucking before I figured out what was going on.  Silly, hungry boy.

Least favorite memory of the week: Ben isn't sleeping as well as he used to.  When I put him in his crib, its a toss up whether or not he will sleep.  I've had to pick him up and put him in bed with me for a  little while a lot more often. 

What we're looking forward to: Their 2 month well baby check is today.  They will get their shots and stuff.
 
Cody & Courtney
 
Favorite (non baby) memory of the week:  Cody let me sleep until noon Saturday and he washed all of the bottles.  I only missed the 9 am feeding and part of the noon feeding, but it made a huge difference to my sanity.

Least favorite memory of the week:  I really wanted to make lasagna, but I didn't have what I needed for sauce.  It was total devastation.  I can't go shopping with the boys yet, so I was trapped here dreaming of the lasagna I could be eating.

What we're looking forward to:  Lasagna.  :)

I don't really have many pictures from this week. 

Here is a real gem:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment