Sunday, February 8, 2015

Snow, Hair Cuts, Sleeping

This one will be updated/edited again.  It's been a long time since I updated, so I had an alarming number of files to go through.  I eventually gave up and this is what I posted.  The babies have been dumping out all toy boxes immediately, so there are huge messes everywhere, always.  Don't judge.

Alex giving Cody nose kisses.  They both do this a lot.  It is weird.


Ben


Ben and his tractor



They found a new way to play with their trampolines.  Ben I think.


Alex



Ben tangled in the streamers when I took down the tree.  I took the tree down the first couple of days of January.  This is not a picture from February.  Not that I'm one to judge.  I took the tree down in April one year in Texas.  Trees are fun!


The boys exploring the new toilet.  Ben on top Alex on the floor


The little monkeys occasionally grab this towel bar and hang off of it.  Good thing we put that in the studs!



Alex pulling a teddy bear around in a wagon


The boys were sick for a week this month.  Nothing serious.  Just a lot of snot, not a lot of eating, a lot of fussing, and not enough sleeping.  Since I went in to check on them more when they were sleeping, I got some cute sleeping pics.

Ben, I think.


Sharing food.  Alex blue/green.  Ben yellow




The little monsters figured out how to open cans with the pop top lids.  I discovered this one day when they opened the sweetened condensed milk and got it everywhere in/around the can cabinet.  Mama was not happy.  They have since done it to a few other cans.  They like to stack them and move them around.  I don't want to take that joy away from them.  I figure an open can once in a while is a small price to pay...until I'm cleaning sweetened condensed milk off of the underside of a lazy susan.


Another cabinet adventure.  They pulled all my crap out so they could play in there.


Alex yellow.  Ben blue.


I turned 30 this year.  This is what a cake looks like with 30 candles.  


This is what a cake looks like with 30 candle holes.


Baby art.  It is fun and messy.  Ben's creation.


Alex's creation


Yum!  The I'm cute shirt is really just kind of mocking me in this situation.


Ben sick and snuggling with a bear on the couch.


We broke out the baby leashes and took them around the neighborhood.  They do really, really well on a leash.  It is a lot like walking a dog.  You occasionally have to stop and wait while they sniff under a tree.


Ben?


Ben climbed in this collapsible cooler.  Toddlers are a lot like cats.


Ben making funny face


He loved dinner.  Couldn't even wait to use his hands or utensils.


Alex, not so happy.


Hilarious.

I have no idea why he was so unhappy.  He was not in trouble.  I made food he likes.  He was not in an overall bad mood.  Who knows.


Alex sleeping


I'll have to go back and look to see who is who.  This might be Alex.



The boys each got a hair cut.  I was pretty traumatized by Ben's cut, but I'm getting used to it.  Cody used the clippers on them.  He said Ben moved, so the top right got clipped way too closely, but I didn't see him move.

Ben and a screw gun with nothing sharp or pokey attached



Alex is my longer hair boy this time.  I like how his hair turned out.  Cody usually does a better job on the 2nd kid.  I am having trouble getting them mixed up because last time Alex was short hair and Ben was longer hair.



Ben


Ben in blue/green was getting a diaper change.  Alex came over and got in line for his turn.  I think we're going to have to start talking potty training soon.  Each time we've given them a chance before, they've turned it in to a way to hurt each other while one is on a toilet.  Not fun for anyone.


Ben maybe?


Ben with cornbread.  He REALLY loved this muffin shape.


Alex sick, showing me his tongue


Alex eye lashes.  Long!


More Alex versus a marker



They went through this super cloth diaper fascination.  They wanted to wear a cover outside of their pants all the freaking time.  They wanted it changed every 15 or so minutes.  That was an exhausting couple of days.


We got quite a bit of snow.  I won't put a number on it because Cody will just disagree with me, I'm sure.  The first snow was probably 5-10 inches.  Then a few days later we got another 3-5 inches, or so.  Plus or minus 8 inches.  Prove me wrong, Cody! HA!  Anyway, I shoveled the 2nd snow because Cody was out of town.  I'm a little more loosey goosey with how I pile snow.  It finally got warm enough to go outside, so here are pics of the boys playing-ish in-ish the snow.

Alex green coat  Ben in camo coat.  They each had on a long sleeve shirt and a coat with 2 pairs of pants.  They weren't fully suited up, but it was pretty warm.  Just an fyi so it doesn't seem like I was freezing my boys.

Alex trying to drive his truck up the snow hill


Ben


His first snow foot print.  He enjoyed it so much he started making prints up and down the driveway.


Then Ben joined him.


Ben


Alex fell in the snow making two perfect baby hand prints in the center, so I made my hand print at the top and forced Ben to make a print at the bottom.  Cody was out of town for work, but his hand would be a little bigger than mine.


They found the puddles of melting snow.


And played in them.


And tried to slurp water up, YUCK.


Ben in his wildcat hat.  My mom called or went to nearly every Walmart in Kansas looking for this hat.  We already had one and needed another. It was very nice of her and dad to hunt it down for us.  I bet you guys had flash backs to going to all the different McD's to get Kim the right happy meal beanie baby!  They love their hats.


Alex fell and scraped his hands on the driveway.  We had to go in.  To be fair, they were wet and it was getting cold.


Ben



Another day.  Putting those boys to work shoveling.  Alex with shovel in darker pants.


Alex




Alex on the baby leash walking in the neighborhood.  (Don't worry about him being in the street.  This street is literally used by only about 4 houses. We were around there for almost an hour watching construction equipment and walking and only had 1 car go by.  It is also very clearly visible both ways, so nothing sneaks up on you.  We live in a very quiet neighborhood.)


Ben crossing his legs while he sits in his chair.





This was absolutely hilarious at the time.  People watching will probably not see the humor I did, but eh... this blog also entertains me. I was calling Ben over to me, but he wouldn't come.  He was just on the floor on his belly and wouldn't get up.  I kept calling.  Then he got up, but he was walking really slowly.  I was doing something else, so I was getting frustrated, but didn't really take in the scene.  Finally, he started crying.  I looked at him to see what was wrong.  That's when I realized I had accidentally put both legs in to one pant leg.  He was shuffling towards me as fast as his little two legs one hole situation would allow.  After I was finished laughing, I did give him a treat and extra hugs.  Sorry Buddy!




I'll add whatever pics/stories and proofread sometime soon.  I just wanted to get this part up now.

No comments:

Post a Comment