Friday, February 7, 2014

Alex, My Cookie Monster

One of the gifts my grandparents got us for Christmas was this delicious tin of cookies.  Yesterday, I decided to clear off my counter.  The tin is rather large, so I thought it would be a good idea to stick it in the 2nd from the bottom cabinet drawer.  You may remember this is one of the baby drawers.   I keep toys and baby friendly items in it usually, but lately they empty it and then lose interest.  I figured the tin would be too heavy to mess with and they can't see in the drawer, so it wouldn't be too enticing to explore. 
 
I was wrong.
 
Here is the tin at home in the drawer.
 
 
I was busy making dinner.  The babies were pretty quiet, but loud enough that I wasn't worried about what they were doing.  I turned around to grab something and Alex ran past me laughing.  This is pretty normal.  My first clue that something was up was this drawer:
 
 
Yes, the little monster managed to get the lid off and grab 2 cookies.  I pulled the drawer out and this is what I found.

 
I chased him down.
 
 
He was pretty proud of himself.  Usually when they keep the pacifier in, they don't put things in their mouth.  The cookies were pretty soft, not crunchy, so I decided to let him be for a little while and finish dinner.

 
I didn't really think about how messy chocolate can be if they DO decide to eat it.  When we finally caught him, this is what he looked like:

 
This is the baby version of winning the Superbowl.

 
The joke was ultimately on us.  He had hid the 2nd cookie in the bathtub.  When Cody put them in the tub at bath time, he grabbed it and shoved it in his mouth before anything could be done.
 
Alex.  My 2 cookie monster.
 
Please excuse his outfit.  My babies are not going to be fashion models.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment